As luck would have it WhatsApp automatically backup our chats on Google Drive on daily basis. But for this, we have to select on which basis we have to do our backup automatically. By this, if unfortunately you deleted your chats or you deleted your WhatsApp, your chats will be safe. You can read my post how to make WhatsApp backup if you don’t know how to make by visiting this link How to make Whatsapp Backup
Why Use Google Drive For WhatsApp Backup
We can use Google drive for making WhatsApp chats backup because in online platform Google is the best service provider in everything. So many people used Google services mostly. Google provides 15 GB of cloud storage is free.
Earlier if we stored WhatsApp backup on google drive it counts from the 15 GB of cloud storage.
Let us assume if the size of WhatsApp chat backup is 3.3GB than the free space in google drive is (15-3.3)GB that is 11.7GB.
But after 12 November it does not count from the total storage.
How To Restore WhatsApp Backup
To restore WhatsApp chats or back up there will be some basic and pretty simple steps to be followed. In this post, we can see how one can restore his/her WhatsApp chats if deleted the WhatsApp mistakenly.
- First of all, launch your WhatsApp to restore your WhatsApp chats.
- A screen will appear in which you have to tap on Agree And Continue to proceed for next step.
- Enter the mobile number for which you want to restores your WhatsApp chats.
- Now in this step, you need to verify your entered mobile number. If it wrong you can tap on edit to correct the mobile number.
- After that, a verification process is started in which an OTP is sent to the entered mobile number. Enter the OTP to verify your mobile number and proceed to the next step.
- Now at this step, you can see there is an option to Restore your chats. Tap on restore to store your previously back up chats or if you want to start with a new or fresh you can tap on Skip.
- Now you can see that your chat data is ready to restore and your other data such as images and videos will be restored after your message restore.
- When all the chats are restored you can see that your number of messages stored and your media will be restored in the background.
- Here you can see that your media is restoring. Now you can start using your WhatsApp with the oldest chats.
Benefits Of Making WhatsApp Backup
- Easy recoverable in case of loss of mobile and formatting of the device.
- No need for internal storage.
- Hassle free experience: Moving the WhatsApp data from old phone to new phone.
- No data loss if you make your WhatsApp chats backup.