WhatsApp is one of the most used messaging apps with more than 1 billion active users. WhatsApp is having a huge number of user base and is releasing new updates every week by giving some new features in it or by resolving bugs in the previous versions. Here we’ll be talking about one of its many great features, which is Export WhatsApp Chat.
You have already heard about WhatsApp Backup & It’s Benefits. By enabling the WhatsApp backup you will be free from the tension of lossing your chats and data, moreover you can restore your deleted messages via Restore WhatsApp Chat.
What Is Export WhatsApp Chat?
This is another Top Feature by WhatsApp in which we can export a copy of individual chat or group to any place outside your Android or iPhone smartphone, like Gmail, Google Drive, etc. If you want to print out your WhatsApp chat, then you can do it by exporting it. There are lots of messages in your WhatsApp that are important which you want to keep forever in a safe place. You can export your chat with or without media, depending on your needs.
Step By Step Guide To Export WhatsApp Chat
Before moving one thing you need to know that you can export your chat with or without media. If you select the media then your latest media and chats will be exported and if you select without media only chats will be exported. Below are the several steps to be followed to export WhatsApp chat.
Step 1: First of all launch your WhatsApp and open the chat in which you want to export the desired conversation.
Step 2: After opening the chat you need to tap on three dots located at the top right corner of your screen.
Step 3: Now you can see there is an option named More, head over to that.
Step 4: At this step, you need to tap on Export Chat to save your conversation any place outside your Android or iPhone smartphone.
Step 5: At this step, you need to select your preference whether you need your media or not while exporting the chat.
Step 6: Now you have to select the method on which you want to export or save your WhatsApp chats.
Once you have successfully exported your chat the output format of the file is .txt which contains all (pictures, images, videos, etc). You can view your chat on your phone as well as on your laptop/computer.
Two Ways To Export WhatsApp Chat
There are several things that you need to know that will help you while saving your conversation or export WhatsApp chat. You can export your WhatsApp Chat in two ways one is With Media and the other is Without Media.
- You can opt for your media while exporting the chat. It’s up to you to export your chat and media.
- If you opt for media the most recent media will be sent with the attachment.
- If you don’t opt for media then you can send 40,000 messages and if you opt for media then you can send 10,000 latest messages.
- The above limits are due to maximum email sizes.
- The export file will be in .txt format.
- You can convert that file into any format like PDF, Word, etc.
For better clarification understand in tabular form. This will be easy to understand. Hope you will like it!!
|Aspects||With Media||Without Media|
|Compulsory||It is up to you to export media||It is up to you to export without media|
|Number Of Messages||10,000||40,000|
|File Size||Max 25 MB(Due to Gmail Limitation)||Max 25 MB(Due to Gmail Limitation)|
Benefits Of Exporting WhatsApp Chat
- You can print your favorite chats.
- You can use your chat as evidence for various purposes like the court.
- You can also share your chat to someone if needed.
- Create a book of your WhatsApp chat.
Limitations Of Exporting WhatsApp Chat
- It is not possible to restore your chat history from the exported chat due to its file format(.txt). You need to have WhatsApp backup to restore chat when it was deleted.
- The exported chats are in plain text(.txt format). This means you cannot import it but you can read your chat.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the read receipt on WhatsApp?
The Read receipt is the way by which the sender can tell or get to know whether the message is read by the receiver or not. Here we are going to talk about the Read Receipt in WhatsApp. Basically when we send the message in WhatsApp first the message will go to the server and then from the server, it will go to the receiver.
Is two-step verification safe in WhatsApp?
Two-Step Verification is a process by which the user has to require two steps (method) to verify itself from preventing any unauthorized access to the account as it adds up a layer of extra protection to the account. By enabling this we can access our account only after the successful. If you enable Two-Step Verification in WhatsApp you need to verify yourself by the following two way
- OTP(One Time Password): You need to provide the OTP at the time of registration of your WhatsApp account.
- 6 Digit Passcode: It is another layer of security. You will only allow accessing your account after providing the 6 digit passcode.
How can I get status from WhatsApp file manager?
WhatsApp status is the way or methods from which we can share Text, Videos & Images in our status section. For this, both people have to save their number in contacts book. The main thing in WhatsApp status is that the status will automatically disappear in 24 hours. We can also reply to that Status by tapping on reply. One can see someone WhatsApp status in the Status tab, also you can save WhatsApp status by going through this.