RELD stands for Released, it means your Ticket Not Cancelled but Alternative Accommodation Provided.
In simple words, your ticket is not canceled but an alternative or another PNR number is generated for your ticket.
Let us understand with the example.
I have booked my ticket online and I am getting this PNR number (6524575603) after booking the ticket. But after the final chart preparation, my ticket got released (RELD) and a new PNR number is generated.
You can check the current status of this PNR is RELD/0. You can also check the new PNR number in the remarks section. Also, my berth details will come with the new PNR number instead of the old PNR number.
After getting the new PNR number from the remarks section, you can check the final status of your ticket. In this PNR you will get your ticket status whether it is Confirmed or Waiting List. If it is a confirmed ticket then you can easily see your berth details with new PNR.
Note: You will get the ticket in the same train in which you have booked your ticket.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
I have a waiting list ticket can I travel in reservation coach?
It totally depends on where you have booked your ticket. There are two ways of ticket booking
- From Counter: If you booked your ticket from Railway Counters and it has a waiting list then you will be able to travel with that Waiting List ticket.
- From Online (IRCTC): If you booked your ticket from IRCTC Websites Or IRCTC App or any other online method and your ticket have a waiting list ticket then it will be automatically canceled by the IRCTC after chart preparations and you will not be able to travel with that Waiting List ticket.
What is the NC in a train ticket use?
NC stands for No Choice.
When we booked any ticket while booking we have an option to select our berth seat in the form of various available options like
- Side Lower
- Side Upper
How much money will be refunded for cancelling train tickets before 12 hours?
Basically, there are two situations where we can cancel our train ticket
- Before Chart Preparations
- After Chart Preparations
IRCTC Cancellation Charges Before Chart Preparations
- IF A CONFIRMED TICKET IS CANCELED WITHIN 48 HOURS TO 12 HOURS BEFORE SCHEDULED DEPARTURE OF THE TRAIN THAN THE CANCELLATION CHARGES ARE LEVIED AT 25 %.
- IF A CONFIRMED TICKET IS CANCELED WITHIN 12 HOURS TO 4 HOURS BEFORE SCHEDULED DEPARTURE OF THE TRAIN THAN THE CANCELLATION CHARGES ARE LEVIED AT 50 %
IRCTC Cancellation Charges After Chart Preparations
For normal users, you can not cancel E-Tickets after chart preparations. For this, you need to file online TDR.
- No refund of fare will be given in case of RAC tickets if the ticket is not canceled or TDR is not filed.
Cancellation Charges For Tatkal Tickets
- No refund will be given if you cancel the confirmed tatkal tickets. If it has a waiting list ticket then the clerkage charges will be charged.
ALL CANCELLATION CHARGES ARE PER PERSON BASIS.